The mission of SAIFE, Inc. is to seamlessly protect and connect the world’s data. The company hopes to make the SAIFE® platform the standard for securing data in transit for all devices.
That's right. We're here to make the Internet a safer place.
SAIFE, Inc. (formerly Cummings Engineering) was founded in May 2007 by Darren and Nikole Cummings. The company initially provided engineering services and subject-matter expertise in the realm of secure communications, earning the trust of clients in the public and private sectors.
The company’s focus eventually shifted from providing consulting services to developing the Secure Agile Interoperable Framework for the Enterprise (now known simply as SAIFE), which began as a research project of cofounder J.C. Jones. The company has successfully integrated SAIFE into a number of custom solutions for various enterprises and government agencies. Over the years, the platform has been refined and updated to become the robust security solution it is today.
Some highlights from this period:
- In October 2009, the company published its first white paper about what would become the core SAIFE functionality.
- In January 2010, the company created the first iteration of the SAIFE Management Console, which has evolved into today’s SAIFE Dashboard.
- In April 2010, the company became the first tenant in Innovations, the City of Chandler’s high-tech incubator.
- In 2010, in response to a Broad Agency Announcement (BAA), the company was awarded a two-year contract to develop secure communications products for the US Army’s IREMS (Identity Resolution Exploitation Management Services) program.
- In 2011, the company was awarded a Phase I SBIR (Small Business Innovation Research) grant for its patented Platform Integrity™ solution.
- In July 2012, the company released SecureMobile™, its first commercial mobile communications product, which has evolved into today’s SAIFE Mobile.
- Also that month, the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) awarded the company with FIPS 140-2 validation for the SAIFE cryptographic module, in effect reinforcing SAIFE's status as a powerful security solution for the U.S. government and regulated industries.
- In August 2012, cofounder Jones and CTO Ty Lindteigen published an article (“Agile Certificate Management and Trust Federation for Large Mobile Deployments”) in IEEE’s Computing Now about SAIFE’s improvements on the traditional PKI.
- In June 2014, the United States Navy granted the company an Authority To Operate (ATO) SAIFE on the Navy's Special Communications Requirements Division's RDT&E network, providing an opportunity to showcase SAIFE's ability to deliver highly secure and authenticated data in a wide-scale deployment.
Now, with the release of SAIFE's free code libraries, any enterprise or independent developer can leverage SAIFE to quickly and easily build their own secure, real-time applications.
SAIFE, Inc. has been awarded multiple patents (including “Secure Communication System for Mobile Devices” and “Technique for Bypassing an IP PBX”) and has several patents pending. The company continues to provide thought leadership in the realm of digital security.